Grindal Worm Culture Looks Like a Microworm Culture

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
Last night I threw in some cooked oatmeal into my grindal culture and put them away. Today, I went to check on it and the top of the culture looks like a microworm culture. It's shiny, a bit wet looking, and looks like a billion tiny worms are living on top (anyone who's ever kept a microworm culture probably knows what I mean). Is it just a population explosion and those happen to just be some baby grindal worms? I can't imagine them being actual microworms; I do have a microworm culture going on and I GUESS cross contamination could have occurred, but they simply weren't there the night before. I highly doubt that many microworms could have produced so quickly over night. Any thoughts?

nonamesleft47

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Probably small grindal worms. Throw some more media on top and then feed and see what comes to the top. I normally feed mine a couple of pieces of cat food or earthworm sticks. I put a butter cup lid on top of the food and then feed the worms that climb onto the lid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store