What's new

What would be a good longer-handle option to the Gillette Super Speed?

I like the handle on my Schick Krona, but the razor is a little too mild for my beard. I love my 1957 Super Speed, and it's perfect for my beard, but I have fairly large hands, and find the short handle awkward. Is there a good razor with the same gap as the Super Speed but with a longer handle? Thanks in advance for any advice. I don't know much about razors.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B!

A few members here use the Lady Gillette and love it. Super Speed head with long handle.

The Knack is another option that often gets overlooked and can usually be picked up for less money due to the low demand.

You could also try the Super Adjustable "Black Beauty". Long handle and adjustable so matching the Super Speed gap is no problem.

proxy.php

The Parker TTO is longer (and heavier) but slightly more aggressive than the vintage gillettes. Great razor, just wanted to mention it is different.

The Knack is another option that often gets overlooked and can usually be picked up for less money due to the low demand.

I can tell you from personal experience that this is decent long handle razor with the bonus of being a vintage Gillette.

You might want to consider a Weishi 9306 FL. It comes in chrome or in gunmetal, has an extra long handle (over 4 inches), has nice heft and a great finish.

You can find them on fleabay easily and they are based on old Gilette patents, made of brass with some other coating and should last a long time. I like mine a lot.

Top Bottom