Long Handled Super Adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Lara Croft, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Lara Croft

Lara Croft New Member

Is a Long Handled Super Adjustable a Merkur or a vintage Gillette like the slim or something like that?

Saw it recommended for women. Just curious. I'm new here but I've been reading the forums and I thought it would be fun to join. Right now I'm enjoying my champagne starred Lady Gillette.

Thanks.

2. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

It's a Gillette Adjustable with a long black handle. I've seen them recommended for ladies many times, but guys like them too. There's also a short handled version. You should be able to pick up a nice one for $25 or less. They're one of my favorite razors. I'm sure someone will come along and post a picture here in a few minutes.

3. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

[​IMG]

Tada! That one's German, the British and US ones look just the same - the writing on the box isn't in German though :)

[​IMG]

edit: Ooops! forgot - those are from Achim's site http://www.mr-razor.com

4. Lara Croft

Lara Croft New Member

Thanks. That's pretty nice looking. Is the handle made of the same material as the lady gillette?

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

First off Lara, Welcome to The Shave Den! A great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

While its not required, how about you hop over to the Newbies Section and give yourself a proper introduction thread, I'm sure you'll receive many warm welcomes from the friendly folks of this community.

The title under your name is auto generated and changes as your post count climbs.

6. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

The knurling pattern feels similar - but rather than being anodised aluminium, it's some sort of resin/resinous paint.

7. houlejames

houlejames Member

Got two of them and really like them. Shaves like the slim with a longer handle. I like it better than the slim or fatboy. Probably will sell the slim and fatboy and just keep the LHSA's.
    PS. Those are some great looking razor pictures. Would be great to find a LHSA in that kind of condition. Thats the only thing I don't like about them, the black doesn't seem to hold up very well.

8. du212

du212 Well-Known Member

I've got this razor, it gives excellent shaves...I like it..:love008

Great pics hunnymonster :signs154

9. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

Thanks - but I've inadvertently not attributed them - they belong to Achim's excellent site at http://www.mr-razor.com