• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox live enforcement is a joke! (Correction: banned for slinging homophobic slur)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asd202

wr8HFnfl.jpg

That user name scratch that the whole thing is perfect besides the message.

ViciousDS

Banned
So yesterday I got a chat ban,message ban etc, this was after arguing with a cheater on forza 6, I also sent him a message calling him "your a cheating fag" this was after him blatantly cheating on forza.

So as the ban go's that's fine, but I do have a right to appeal, put my story across no? Well I go to Xbox enforcement log in

To appeal I have to fill in a questionair �� so three times yesterday I fail to get a answer all the questions right and tells me to come back and try again in 24 hrs.

Today I failed two attempts so I'm thinking third time lucky (got a mate into the party to help��,on my kids account)When we got this question

There is nothing wrong with a purple avatar.It just looks cool! True or False

I got it wrong,we got it wrong wtf

well then..........

detective GAF NEVER FAILS!!!!

Newsflash!

The words we use define our role in society!

Most communities have codes of conduct we expect our members to comply with!

Use of hateful words can lead to societal exile!

We should be generally respectful of each other when choosing our words!

Hats off to Microsoft for doing the right thing here.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
is it technically a thread backfire if you're putting your face up against the tailpipe as you're writing it?

Ronin Ray

I have wondered to myself who are this people that get so mad on the internet and say all this terrible hateful stuff and today I came across one.

GHG

So this is what happens when those 13 year old kids who yell slurs and racist remarks on XBL grow up, huh?

I was thinking exactly the same thing lmao.

People cheat online, get over it. It's part and parcel of playing with randoms unfortunately... Which is why I don't really bother playing online anymore. I should be able to relax in my downtime, not deal with morons.

MrDaravon

100% knew this was going to be a thread backfire before I even opened the thread lol. Also detective-GAF never fails.

Also it's really fucking sad that people think it's okay to use slurs against others for cheating in a videogame. It's a videogame, you'll be okay. Is this really what the kids who grew up with XBL are going to be like? Fuck.

terrible

Banned
Yeah lets all just use the most offensive words possible while messaging random people. I'll laugh at most ridiculous hate messages I get but I instantly report anyone that sends crap like that in the OP to me.

It's just a game, at the very least keep your trash talk on topic and clean if you have to get your rage on.

I was thinking exactly the same thing lmao.

People cheat online, get over it. It's part and parcel of playing with randoms unfortunately... Which is why I don't really bother playing online anymore. I should be able to relax in my downtime, not deal with morons.

dude wasn't even cheating. OP was mad he lost lol

Ominym

Banned
is it technically a thread backfire if you're putting your face up against the tailpipe as you're writing it?

To be fair, I at least admire their honesty. It's not often we have a thread like this that isn't filled with several pages of beating around the bush to discover what the actual reason an OP was banned for.

Perhaps there is hope for Bobnob yet.

This thread made me remember the good old days when I used to play Lost Planet and Halo. They would call me the f word or tell me to get cancer and die...
Never reported anyone though.But that was like almost 10 years ago, one would think people stopped sending that kind of PMs like a long time ago.

Justinh

I'm still having trouble understanding that last sentence after reading it a few times.
If you read the entire OP as like... a person doing one of those artsy poem readings? it's kinda amazing. (I don't know what they're called.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHaZyMxgxpk when they sound like this). (edit: better yet, this)

It doesn't sound like these are security questions. Sounds like they make you answer basic questions to filter out people who can't comprehend things that are bad. An Xbox avatar with purple skin is one of the dead giveaways that someone has a hacked console.
Interesting, I never knew about this.

inky

I think we all owe a big Thank You to the XBOX Live Enforcement Team for keeping people like the OP out of our game chats.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So yesterday I got a chat ban,message ban etc, this was after arguing with a cheater on forza 6, I also sent him a message calling him "your a cheating fag" this was after him blatantly cheating on forza.

So as the ban go's that's fine, but I do have a right to appeal, put my story across no? Well I go to Xbox enforcement log in

To appeal I have to fill in a questionair �� so three times yesterday I fail to get a answer all the questions right and tells me to come back and try again in 24 hrs.

Today I failed two attempts so I'm thinking third time lucky (got a mate into the party to help��,on my kids account)When we got this question

There is nothing wrong with a purple avatar.It just looks cool! True or False

I got it wrong,we got it wrong wtf

giphy.gif

Title change to, "Xbox Live Enforcement Seems to be Working Properly"

nowai

You know, I saw this thread title and didn't click, because I thought "this is just going to be another 'someone was terrible to me and didn't get banned' story."

I'm so glad I gave it a second chance.

Haha my exact experience as well! Pure gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom