Another thread of eheim 2262

grimjaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2010
Fontana
just got eheim 2262 off bigal online
take me about 30min to setup, here a few pix

and there seem to be a broken piece, im not sure if it broken or come like that if someone have 2262 plz lets me know.

For media I used
5L EHFIMech
10L substrats Pro
2L enfifix

Finally the O ring, its look like it been cut and glue back together. or how it support to be.

got it running for 2 day so far and I tell you, it moving water like no other, my Fx5 can't compete with it. Im thinking get another one in few more week to run on my 265G

leeishom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2010
Hong Kong, SGV, Seattle, Wa.
Wow, I never knew the media area was like that. Just dump media in there.
As for the fx5 output, did you use that dual nozzle unit? I have a 90* PVC elbow on mine and it's output vibrates due to the water velocity.

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
Congratz on an excellent pick up.

Purchased my 2262 last year boxing week at big als also.

It replaced a 11 yr. old 2260 which was moved over to the next tank down.

Very happy with this absolute beast of a filter.

My O ring also had the same glued together look as yours, no problem.

EHEIM :headbang2

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
One more 2262er :welcome:

I personally would have contacted Big Als about the broken piece, just out of principle. If the material experienced enough strain to chip, there might be residual stress in that piece, enough to worry me. As for the O-ring, that's how it's made.

Best of luck,
HarleyK

grimjaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2010
Fontana
thanks guy for the input, as broken piece so far no water leak through, yeah might have to contact bigal see if they have the replacement part might wanna purchase it now just in case something go wrong.

RedDwarf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Where the Sun is Warm
You shouldn't have any problem with it leaking since it's on the intake side and not the pressure side of the pump. As HarleyK suggested, I would contact Big Al's and have them just send you a replacement part for the pump, you wouldn't even need to change it out unless it starts leaking but it's always better to have a spare than to order one when a problem starts.

And you can never have enough eheim green around :)

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
Did not notice the chipped impeller cover 7:30 am this morning when replying.

Have b/a get you a new one asap. As already mentioned better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I carelessly broke the impeller cover on an older 2260, had a very long wait for the new part.

taksan

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2005
I don't like the look of that o-ring ...mine isn't like that.
I'd be definitely getting onto the store you got it off and getting replacements sent.

mrwinkle

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
South Georgia
AOmonsta;4746886; said:
How much are these from big als?
$407.99 but the do price match :naughty:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store